Restores a youthful glow and smooths skin texture
Dermaplaning is a relatively quick procedure which uses a sterile surgical blade to gently exfoliate and eliminate surface layers of dead skin cells and unwanted vellus hair, leaving your face polished, smooth and radiant.
A Corrective Acid Peel is combined with your Dermaplaning treatment to unveil smoother, more vibrant, and younger-looking skin – dramatically diminishing the appearance of discoloration, while smoothing texture and refining the appearance of pores, to restore a brighter, more clarified skin tone. This is also a great treatment for all clients who cannot do laser hair removal due to hair that isn’t dark enough (blonde/red/white/gray).
What Your Treatment Will Look Like
(1) Before Your Treatment
Before your treatment, fill out all relevant Dermaplaning Forms – the Skincare & Dermaplaning Intake Form and the Dermaplaning Consent & Pre/Post Treatment Form. You can bring these with you when you come in or you can fill out in office. As long as there are no contraindications, this treatment can be performed the day of your first appointment – with no patient consultation needed – although we will explain the procedure, what to expect from it, and answer any of your questions should you have any in advance of your treatment.
- Make sure to stay out of the sun and tanning booths for 7 days prior to your appointment.
- All exfoliating products containing a scrub or acids (ie. p50) should be discontinued 1 week before and 1 week after.
- Patients who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any serious illnesses should check with their doctor before having treatment due to skin sensitivity or other issues.
- Discontinue any irritant topical agents for 2-7 days prior to treatment.
- No dermal fillers or Botox 7 days before treatment due to sensitivity of injection site.
(2) During Your Treatment
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation procedure. A sterile, surgical scalpel will be used to gently scrape the skin’s surface, removing the top-most layer of dead skin along with fine, vellus hair (aka peach fuzz). This service is performed by an RN.
This treatment should take 45 minutes to an hour.
(3) What To Expect From This Treatment
- This is a great treatment for all clients who cannot do laser hair removal due to hair that isn’t dark enough (blonde/red/white/gray)
- Reduced visible signs of photo-aging, including fine lines and wrinkles
- Improved appearance of uneven skin tone and dullness by exfoliating surface cells and vellus hair
- Softened and smoothed skin surface texture
- Decreased frequency of acne breakouts and faded appearance of post-acne discoloration
- Gentle and safe for all skin types
- Pain free and without the potential for redness and swelling that can sometimes accompany other medical grade facial treatments
- No downtime
- Safe and Hygienic
Recommended Treatment Plan
For optimal results, this can be performed as-needed, or as a complement to your existing skin regimen.
Are there any risks to this treatment?
Overall, Dermaplaning is very safe. Bleeding is possible due to treatment’s use of a sharp surgical blade. However, as with your own shaving experiences in the shower, cuts are extremely rare and more annoying than painful. Additionally, this treatment is done by a registered nurse. Makeup can be applied immediately after Dermaplaning, and you may even notice that your makeup glides on easier and sits much better on your face after your dermaplaning session.
Ask for Valmont or Biologique Medical-grade Collagen Mask Add-On when getting this treatment for even greater results. Heals, hydrates, and plumps!
(4) After Your Treatment
- Avoid excessive sun for 7 days and wear sunblock (SPF 40+)
- Avoid working out for 24 hours post-treatment
- Avoid irritating products as listed above
- Wait 7-14 days before doing any other professional medspa skincare services