Renew. Reform. Reduce. Reshape.
VelaShape III is an effective, non-surgical and non-invasive body contouring treatment. Velashape III brings you a better, faster treatment than Velashape and Velashape II, with higher wattage (150) and less treatments required for desired results. This FDA-approved treatment combines four technologies: RF (Radio frequency), IR (infrared light), Vacuum and Mechanical Massage.
VelaShape III is a handheld machine that uses intense infrared rays, a suction effect and bi-polar radio frequency to deeply heat of the fat cells just below the skin. This stimulates the growth of new and better collagen and elastin, resulting in localized reduction in skin laxity, body volume, and an overall improvement in skin structure and texture. It targets cellulite just under the skin, in difficult places where diet and exercise don’t easily reach – like the arms, thighs, buttocks, flank and abdomen – resulting in a toned, contoured body. Most patients see gradual and cumulative results throughout the treatment regime, with overall improvements in well-toned and smooth-looking outer skin.
(1) Initial Consultation
Before your first treatment, you will come in for an initial consultation where we will discuss realistic expectations, explain how VelaShape III works and other treatments that will help complement and enhance your results, go over pricing, fill out Forms (which you can bring with you when you come in or fill out in office), and set up your schedule. We will also go over painless ways to increase your VelaShape success with both products, treatments, and overall recommendations.
If there are no contraindications, you can be treated the same day.
- To avoid light bruising, avoid alcohol the night before.
- Avoid blood thinners such as aspirin, Advil and fish oil and Vitamin E for at least a week before treatment and during the treatment regimen. As with all medication changes, do not change your medications without consulting with your doctor first.
- The week of your treatment, it is best to hydrate. Drinking a minimum of 64 ounces of water each day. (Half your body weight in ounces is optimal. For example, if you are 150 pounds, you would want to drink 75 ounces of water per day.)
- Clients who are pregnant are not eligible for treatment.
- Clients who are breastfeeding or have any serious illnesses should have a written medical release from their doctor before having treatment.
- Come to the treatment with clean, dry skin (no perfume, no lotion). If you have been recommended any products/exfoliants by AAC staff, please use them beforehand.
- Hair may hinder smooth movement of the applicator and overheat the treatment area. Shaving (not waxing) is advised.
(2) What To Expect During and After Treatment
Treatments are typically 30 minutes long and are applied directly onto the skin, over the area that is receiving the VelaShape treatment. You will be have your measurements taken at your first treatment. You will also be weighed and your BMI will be calculated. Before (and after) photos may be taken with your consent.
To maximize results, we recommend:
- A healthy lifestyle of exercise and healthy eating – including vegetables, lean meats, fish, healthy fats (olive oil, avocado, etc)
- Exercise to stimulate the lymphatic system
- AAC body treatment and body products. We have helpful Biologique and Valmont supplements and services we can recommend to maximize your results.
Procedures are described as:
- Virtually painless
- Enjoyable, compared to “a warm massage”
- Quick procedure (typically 30 minutes)
- Effective – with changes noticed within a month
- Improves blood circulation
- Post treatment is painless and discomfort-free
- You can go back to work or exercise immediately after without restriction
4-6 treatments are recommended. Optional followups recommended with 1-2 treatments seasonally or 4 treatments yearly.